Welcome to ByShi, Art by Shiloh!

ATTENTION!!! Shiloh's blog has moved to http://byshi.hogfish.net/blog - please visit this link to see new posts!

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Watercolour Love

 
'Watercolour Love'
© Dec 27-28 2016 by Shiloh Moore
8x10" Pitt Pen and Watercolour on Paper

Products with this image can be bought from Redbubble Here

This Christmas I made an investment.  I have been loving using watercolours, and my humble set I was given almost 20 years ago is almost used up.  So I splurged on a full set of 40 Windsor and Newton Cotman Watercolour Half Pans, and to hold them, a Schmincke tin.

I drew up a colour chart to show examples of the colours, as you can't clearly tell the colours from the pans as is.  

Then I wanted to experiment and play with them.  What better way than to be inspired by their luscious beauty and do a still life featuring the watercolour set itself?  

Here are the steps I took:
Step 1: Sketch of 'Watercolour Love'  Note I changed the Schminke owl symbol to my own owl symbol.
(Sketch is beside the Schmincke Tin and Windsor and Newton Cotman Half Pan Watercolours and colour chart by Shiloh)
© Dec 27 2016 by Shiloh Moore
8x10" Pencil on Paper


Step 2: Watercolour outline in grey and black, with love hearts masked on each pan using masking fluid
© Dec 28 2016 by Shiloh Moore


Step 3: Watercolour tin and coloured pans over masking fluid love hearts
© Dec 28 2016 by Shiloh Moore

Step 4: Complete 'Watercolour Love' (Beside Schmincke Tin and Windsor and Newton Cotman Half Pan Watercolours and colour chart by Shiloh) 
© Dec 28 2016 by Shiloh Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment